VRcollab Release Notes
For new updates, please go to https://help.vrcollab.com/knowledge/vrcollab-lite-release-notes/.
- Projects can now be exported as a .vrcollab format. You can do this with the new Export Project button.
- Drag and drop has been implemented for importing certain formats (.fbx, .obj, .skp and .vrcollab). Simply drag the file into VRcollab and it will automatically begin import. Projects that require plugins still need to go through the main program (Revit, Navisworks, ArchiCAD and Rhino).
- The features that are being previewed will now be listed. To turn on preview features, go to Settings > Preview Features.
**Please note that preview features are subject to bugs or strange behaviour and caution is advised.
- The ability to hide or show markups has been added to the Layers tab in the Viewer.
- Standalone file limitations have been expanded. Formerly, the maximum size allowed to be run was 2GB. This has now increased to 4GB.
- New icon has been added for Standalone.
- Fixed the documents not appearing when reconnecting after a disconnect.
- Fixed the clients not automatically closing if the host closes (they showed a disconnect message instead).
- Fixed following your follower, resulting in neither being able to move.
- Fix bug regarding incorrect element id being used.
- Fix bug where running a standalone prompts the firewall exception popup.
- Fix bug with merging projects.
- Fix bug where large files fail to be optimized.
- VRcollab Portal is now online at https://app.vrcollab.com/. You can manage your licenses and review your account data in-depth there. Learn more about the Portal here.
- New license system has been implemented and now features organisation managed licenses.
- Internet meetings now support documents. Internet meetings can now also be joined locally as well.
- VRcollab now supports more than 4 users participating in the same meeting. There is no longer a set limit, but you might experience performance issues based on your computer or network.
- New License tab has been added to Settings. This allows you to keep track of licenses tied to your account.
- Ability to use multiple emails for one account has been added. Users can now login with any of the emails attached to their account if it has been verified.
- Usernames have been added to the current users. Users can now login through usernames as well as emails.
- Various minor bugs have been fixed.
- Company logos and custom loading screens can now be added to VRcollab. You can find this option in Settings > Customization.
- A new notification to alert the user if the user has less than 5GB of available disk space has been added.
- An notification if optimising has failed due to lack of disk space has been added.
- Exportation speeds have been slightly improved.
- Fix bug where Revit filters are not exported properly at certain settings.
- Fix bug with multi-user.
- Fix bug where some projects fail to be exported into a standalone and no error occurs.
- Fix bug where Revit does not export instances with different materials.
- Fix bug where standalone cannot be exported if assets folder does not exist.
- Fix bug where expired licenses are not shown correctly.
- Fix bug where forget password link is invalid.
- You can now toggle between measurement systems while viewing a model (Config tab -> User).
- Update notifications now have extended information.
- The created standalone now features a splash screen.
- Web export has now been optimised for mobile (android).
- Fix being unable to export standalone when exporting a non-optimized project.
- Fix standalone not working if user’s Windows name has spaces.
- Fix certain docs being unable to exit fullscreen properly.
- Fixed ArchiCAD being unable to export.
- Fixed standalone not supporting the measurement system toggle.
- Release notes can now be viewed in the Settings menu.
- VRcollab can now generate standalone executables that can be used anywhere without VRcollab installed.
- Beta mode is added. The first beta feature is the display of filters in VRcollab.
- RPC objects now have their own superlayers.
- Linked projects in Revit and Navisworks will now be reflected in Layers as superlayers.
- Comments can now be seen on the minimap as speech bubbles.
- Comments can be previewed by hovering over them in the minimap.
- Clicking on the speech bubbles in the minimap will teleport the user to the comment location.
- Fixed the export error in v0.10.16.1 for Revit 2020.
- Tile-based textures are now displayed.
- Vive Cosmos is now supported.
- Web export now supports the display of panorama images.
- Web export now has the ability to expand images to fullscreen.
- Haptic feedback for VR controllers have been fixed.
- Web export comment tags have been fixed.
- Fixed the avatar’s colour changing when swapping modes.
- Fixed the export menu not being able to open when handling older projects.
- Multi-tier layers now available for merged projects.
- Revit control scheme has been modified to be more similar to Revit.
- Icons for panning and orbit have been added.
- Tags for comments have been added to the exported document files.
- Enlarged minimap now has Help popups.
- Page down when selecting an object now fits it to screen.
- Page up fits the entire model to screen.
- Fixed the tags for comments breaking the popup.
- Tags have been added to comments for easy referencing after session. The following options are available:
- Issue – Red
- Fault – Red
- Clash – Pink
- Request – Blue
- Inquiry – Yellow
- Remark – Cyan
- Background in X-ray mode has been changed to black for better contrast
- User Experience
- While orbiting, the middle mouse button can be used to zoom in and out (Alt + Right Click).
- Deleting user-generated content with the Delete button on the keyboard is now available
- MiniMap has a new expand button to a large version to view the entire model more easily.
- All open UI menus can be closed easily with the Esc button on the keyboard
- Fixed the avatar’s colour becoming white in normal mode after switching render modes.
- Fixed panning exiting the Home Room.