Updated: August 29, 2017.
Personal and Non-Personal Information
We collect both personal information and non-personal information from you through our products, services and websites, from third parties, and from offline communications.
“Personal information” is information that personally identifies you and allows us to contact you on or offline, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone numbers fax numbers, account numbers, and financial information.
“Non-personal information” is information that does not identify you as a specific person or allow us to contact or you, such as demographic information (geographic location, profession, language preference), technical information (browser, operating system, Internet navigation data), and other similar categories of information.
Collection of Information
Information you provide to us. We receive personal and nonpersonal information from you when you create an account; create login credentials; email, call, or send us postal mail; submit any webform on our website; interact with us through social media platforms; download, activate or access a product or service; or submit a support request.
Supplemental information. We may supplement personal information you provide to us or that we collect from you with information from third-party sources that we deem credible. We may supplement your personal information to ensure our records are accurate, to personalize our marketing efforts or to customize or enhance products or services offered to you.
Cookies and other automatic data collection tools. When you access our websites and services through a browser, application, or other client, or when you communicate with us through email or webforms, our servers automatically collect and record certain information. These tools help make your visit to our website easier and more efficient by recognizing you when you return and providing you with a customized experience. VRcollab and its service providers may use automatic data collection tools such as cookies, embedded web links, and other technologies to collect information. These data collection tools collect standard information from your browser such as browser type, browser language, and the website address you came from when you visited our website. They may also collect information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address, navigation data (such as the pages you view and the links you click), and the date and time of your visit or request.
Payment Information. We use a third-party payment processor to handle all payments made by you. VRcollab does not collect, store or process credit card information. Like all third-party service providers, our payment processor vendor is independently responsible for the personal information you share and while VRcollab has chosen partners with trusted security and compliance practices, we cannot guarantee that our payment processor will be error-free.
Children’s Privacy. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children aged 12 years old and under. In some jurisdictions, notification, prior written permission or other verifiable parental consent may be required of a parent or guardian for children from 13 to 17 years of age to provide information to us.
Use of Information and Content
It is our policy to protect your Content and personal information against unauthorized access or release. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet, and any information you transmit to us you do at your own risk. We recommend that you use unique numbers, letters and special characters in your password and not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or personal information with others, you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify VRcollab at [email protected] and change your password.
In addition, we have procedures that limit VRcollab’s employees and contractors’ access to personal information. Only those employees and contractors with a business reason to know have access to such information. We do our best to educate our employees about the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy and continue to implement and develop standard operating procedures, training programs, and internal policies on data privacy and corporate integrity.
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to deliver a product or service you have requested.
- to contact you.
- to provide you with product registration, activation, and customer support.
- to allow you to create an account and login credentials, personal profiles and upload or share Content.
- to conduct surveys in order to provide better products and services to you.
- to send you information about VRcollab, our products and services, targeted marketing, and promotional offers, subject to your communication choices.
- to send you information from other companies about their products and services, subject to your communication choices.
- to send you operational communications, product or service notices communicating actions you should take regarding a product or service.
- to allow you to use a “tell a friend,” “forward to a friend,” or similar feature that forwards information you select to another individual. Note that if you invite or are invited to use VRcollab Software, VRcollab typically stores all invitees’ contact name and email address, however in all cases VRcollab will use referral email address and contact name (if applicable) for the sole purpose of sending a one time email on your behalf.
- to customize and improve our products, services, content, and marketing.
- to personalize your overall experience with VRcollab, our websites, products, and services.
- to ensure the use of our products and services is licensed and in compliance with applicable law.
- to send push notifications to your mobile device to communicate with you about our service. You can choose to disable such notifications via the settings in the app at your discretion.
- for any related purpose that you would reasonably expect, such as general administrative functions.
We may aggregate personal information in a manner that makes it non personal information, removing portions of the information that identify you as a specific person. For example, we may aggregate the zip code information of our customers to better understand the usage of our products and services. We may use aggregated or other non-personal information for any purpose, including sharing it with third parties. If we combine personal information with non personal information, we treat the combined information as personal information.
Sharing of Personal Information and Content
We may share your Content and personal information within VRcollab for purposes of data processing or storage and to guide decisions about products, services, and communications. We do not rent, sell, or otherwise disclose your Content or personal information to third parties, unless we have your permission to do so or except under the following circumstances:
- For certain products, you will have the option to create file-specific or folder-specific codes for your Content that can be freely shared and used in the mobile application to connect and view the specific Content file. These codes allow any person to access and view your files and we do not encrypt or otherwise protect access to your Content in our software.
- Compliance with law. We may disclose your Content and personal information to comply with applicable laws, legal processes, subpoenas or court orders, and/or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law (including laws outside your state or country or other jurisdiction of residence).
- Enforcement of rights and protection. We may disclose Content and personal information and other information available to us when we believe, in our sole discretion, disclosure is necessary or appropriate in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding: illegal activities; suspected fraud; intellectual property protection matters; threats to the safety of any person; violation of our terms of service or end user license agreements. Please refer to our Copyright Policy in our EULA for more information on how we handle allegedly infringing Content.
- Merger, acquisition, bankruptcy and other transactions. If VRcollab should merge with another company, file for bankruptcy, or sell or reorganize some part or all of its business, we may disclose your personal information to prospective or actual purchasers. We may also share personal information about you with our lawyers, accountants, bankers, consultants and other advisors in connection with such transactions.
If you publicly share or post any of your Content or personal information, please remember that the information you provide may be made available to others, and can be accessed and read by other users. VRcollab has no responsibility for any Content or information you disclose in any public forums.
If we intend to post comments, endorsements or reviews which contain your personal information, we will ask your permission before doing so.
Transfer of personal information
Retention and deletion of Content and personal information
Third party sites
We may offer links to third party sites or provide social media features through our products, services, and websites that allow you to share information with your social networks and to interact with VRcollab on social media platforms. Your use of these other sites and platforms may enable them to collect data from you and place their own files on your computer (including cookies and other data collection technologies). VRcollab does not control third party sites and is not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties. You should review the privacy policies and settings of all websites or services that you visit.
Preferences and choices
Please help us insure the personal information we maintain about you is accurate, complete and up to date. You may have the right under applicable laws to access the personal information that VRcollab keeps for you, on request to VRcollab, except in certain limited circumstances (for example, where an applicable law requires us to deny such access).
You can use the links provided below or contact us by email or postal mail to request access to your personal information.
Account profile. VRcollab provides a single signin account that enables you to sign in to access multiple VRcollab applications. You can access and update your VRcollab account profile by logging in and following the online instructions.
Marketing preferences. You can access and update our personal information and preferences, or unsubscribe from VRcollab marketing communications, using the unsubscribe instructions in communications you receive or through your account settings at VRcollab’s user platform. Note that you will still receive certain communications regarding your account and the VRcollab products that convey information about our services, and you cannot opt out of such communications as they are necessary to provide our products and services.
Our policy is not to disclose personal information collected online to a third party for directing marketing without your approval. To make a request or to opt out at any time, please contact us [email protected] It is important to note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes.
Contact us. You can contact us through via email us at [email protected], or contact us by postal mail at: 71 Ayer Rajah Crescent, #04-12, Singapore 139951. Please include your contact information, the name of the VRcollab website, product, communication, or other service about which you are contacting us, and a detailed description of your specific request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
VRcollab Pte. Ltd.
71 Ayer Rajah Crescent, #04-12